My husband and I have always disagreed about window shopping. He views it as a form of mini torture to be tempted by so many objects of desire only to have them wind up beyond our price range. I, on the other hand, love it. I could hardly do what I do if I shared my husband’s view. In fact “purging the urge” to buy may be one of the main reasons I do what I do.
Of course there are times when my own zen state of merely absorbing the beauty around me breaks down and I do need to actually possess something. So I thought it would be fun to share those items with you.
The first of which, because I bought it the moment I saw it last night, is this amazing vintage, hand made, polar bear from one of my absolute Etsy favorites: Lackluster Co. (which is having a 20% off sale til May 22!)
Why I had to have it:
- Personality, personality, personality. He’s got so much character!
- He’s one of a kind, making my home even more uniquely me.
- He’s a conversation piece. I love talking about the things in my home, so I love things that get that conversation going.
- He’s a perfect piece of folk art, but is still very much in keeping with my modern, minimalist tendencies.
- He’s a polar bear. And I do love animals so.
What am I going to do with him? TBD. Most likely he’ll end up in my cottage, but I’m not really sure where. That’s the fun of it, finding just the right place. Stay tuned.